Thursday, September 3, 2009

Need an Escape From Fear?

Overwhelmed

During crazy times in my life I have found that I need an escape in order to stay afloat mentally, physically and emotionally. Things can get soo overwhelming that I literally shut down, fall to the wayside and just get tossed to & fro like a yellow rubber ducky in the ocean - and its messed up. So what I found out is that I needed an escape, a place I can go or something that I could do that would be my constant, my recharge, to clear the slate, get plugged in and completely reboot fresh.

For me, cycling is my escape. I cycle about 3 times a week and log about 30-40 miles each time. Not only do I enjoy it, but its a place I can go to take control of what is in front of me. Control is a big deal to me and I need that in my life. I get to size people up and compete. I love to sweat, work-out and have an instant feeling of accomplishment. I like to be recognized and for people to say, "Hey man nice ride, it was fun." I like to be outside and experience the scenery of beautiful lakes, magnificent houses and nature.

I would like to follow this discussion with a question.

What does it take to gain a greater appreciation for life?

In my opinion take away whatever it is you have, go without for a week, a month, a year. Go experience life in someone else's shoes. Or even better go put yourself through excruciating physical pain, like running until you can't run anymore, cycle until your legs burn so bad you want to scream, go live in a 3rd world country for 1 year and only speak their language, go punch a bag until your arms want to fall off, go run stadium stairs until you can't breathe, go do an Iron Man - Do It! That will give you a greater appreciation for life

Here is a little pep talk before you go:

Get your freakin confidence back and kick butt! Success is there you just need to get off the ground and go get it! Screw them, who cares what they think - it's about you, quit moping around and do something!! Everyday people make money, some slowly, others do it in their sleep. REPROGRAM YOUR MINDSET! You are a millionaire, you just need to realize it monetarily! Trust me your are worth it! Money is a tool, it's neutral - it's what you do with it that makes it a positive impact on you and the world or a negative one.

Check this out - it is an excerpt from Marianne Williamson's book "A Return to Love"

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves,
Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone.

And, as we let our own light shine, we consciously give
other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

You Are Worth It!

No comments: